Monday, February 8, 2016

God's Faithfulness: The Story Behind My Daughter's Life: Part 1

This is the story behind my daughter's life.  My testimony...

The Lord blessed me with two wonderful boys.  My firstborn was born in 2007, on my first year anniversary.  I always call him my anniversary gift from God.  My middle was born two years later in 2009.  He is my "just because it was Monday" gift from God.  (My husband, while we were dating, would always get me flowers "just because" whatever day it was).  My husband comes from a family of seven children, six of whom are boys.  I, myself, have two older brothers and no sisters and males seem to be dominant in my family. My husband and I wanted a girl but we knew our chances of having one were very slim so what did this girl do?  She prayed.

In 2010 I began asking God if he would give us a girl if my husband and I tried for a third.  We knew we wanted to start trying in September of 2011, so for a year I prayed.  During that time of praying and waiting on an answer, I started having some changes in my body that I thought were serious, but as it turned out was nothing at all to worry about.  I thought I had cancer.  So September 2011 had arrived, the time had come for my husband and I to start trying but I was dealing with my body changes and I still hadn't gotten an answer from God, so I was a bit frustrated, to say the least.

So on September 8, 2011, the day before my birthday, I went before the Lord in prayer with all my frustrations in tow.  I began to tell him how frustrated I was at the possibility of being sick, yet it was suppose to be the time of trying for a baby.  I don't remember everything I said in my prayer but I remember being very frustrated with my body and it was with this frustration that I went before the Lord one last time to ask if he would give us a daughter.

At the time, my phone could not make any outgoing calls but could only receive calls,  so coming out of my prayer and really needing to talk with my husband, yet knowing I couldn't reach him, I asked to Lord to let him call me; not even a minute later my husband called me.  While talking to him, not disclosing that I had just been in prayer with God, he told me that he had something for me, but he wouldn't tell me over the phone but that I had to see it when he got home.

So my husband got home and pulled a little baggie out of his pocket and handed it to me.  In this baggie were two knitted PINK baby mittens!  I think I started crying at that very moment.  I ask my husband what they were for and he told me a lady at work gave it to him to give to me.

When I started having body issues and thought I was sick, my husband told one of his female co-workers about my situation and so she started praying for me; her and her prayer partner (who didn't work at my husband's job).  So while they were praying one day, the Lord spoke to the prayer partner and told her to give me pink knitted baby mittens!  So my husband's co-worker passed along the message and I received those mittens on September 8, 2011 and I accepted them as a promise from The Lord that He would give me a baby girl.

There is more to the story...so come back tomorrow for part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment