Tuesday, February 9, 2016

God's Faithfulness: The Story Behind My Daughter's Life: Part 2

This is the story behind my daughter's life.  My testimony...

Please read part 1 first

So those pink knitted mittens became a sign of a promise from God, and a go-ahead from him that we could start trying for that little girl that he promised us, and that's what we did.  So in October of 2011, my eldest came up to me and said "Mama you have a baby in your belly". I asked him how he knew and he said that he just did, so I took a pregnancy test and it was positive! I was pregnant! but the result line was so faint that I was not sure, so the next day, Saturday, I took another one and it was also positive! but still very, very faint.  On Monday morning I went to the doctor's office and they gave me the same results, but again the test lines were still very very faint.

Now I think it's very important to mention that I had taken many pregnancy tests, at times when I was pregnant with my first, between my first and my second ( I had a hernia that left me feeling nauseous) and after my second. so I know my body and I have never had a positive pregnancy test if I wasn't pregnant.  On the other hand, I have had a negative pregnancy test while I was pregnant and had to have a blood test confirm that I was in fact pregnant.

So I left the doctor's office on Monday morning with a July 1, 2012 due date.  On Wednesday morning I miscarried!  I was confused and didn't know what to do and even though my doctor told me to go to the emergency room, I didn't go.  We weren't heartbroken, we just determined that we would just try again the next month, and that's what we did.

So Thanksgiving day 2011 while standing in front of my stove making macaroni and cheese, I tasted the cheese sauce and almost threw up and I knew I was pregnant.  I went to my doctor and after a few tests, including two blood tests, it was finally confirmed that I was pregnant.  On the 8th of December I went for my first ultrasound and even though that little bambino (that's what I nicknamed her) hadn't yet formed any arms or legs she was moving so much, and I fell in love.

So my pregnancy went along with the usual morning sickness and fatigue, etc. but there was something different about this pregnancy than my other two.   I was always cramping!  Ironically, I remember one day saying that I felt like this baby was going to bleed out and even though I didn't know it at the time, that is exactly what happened.

Stay tuned for part 3


No comments:

Post a Comment