Tuesday, June 7, 2016

TESTIMONY TUESDAY: Directing My Steps



I had gone into Walmart looking for a gift for a sweet little girl.  As I walked the aisles, nothing seemed to catch my eye, so I strolled along, letting my boys look at what they wanted.  As they looked at the toys, I turned, and in the aisle was a gift that I had been wanting to buy her for a few months but couldn't.  I walked over to it and I knew it was perfect, but there was a problem; it came in a heavy box and I had no cart to put it in. I could have left it and gone to get a cart, but it was the last one and I didn't want anyone else taking it. I could have carried it with me across the store to get a cart, but I was eight months pregnant and in no position to do such a thing.  So I simply asked the Lord what to do?  I turned around and to my right was an empty cart that was obviously not being used and I knew that the Lord had answered me.  What excited me the most is that I knew I had no intentions of going to Walmart, but someone, the day before, had given us a gift card and I had decided to go to that particular store because it was close to my doctor's office.  It was then that I understood that the Lord had been directing my steps all along. I love that our God knows our needs before we do and He makes provisions along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment